2016 was sort of a meh year for movies in my opinion. But here’s 10 that I thought were pretty great.
10. “Never underestimate the impact of dramatic entrance!”
9. “I like sand. Sand is squishy.”
8. “My philosophy is, if you worry, you suffer twice.”
7. “If you must blink, do it now.”
6. “I’ll be there for you. The Captain says I had to.”
5. “I think I’m invincible. It’s the only thing that makes sense. I don’t think I can die.”
4. “I had another Liam Neeson nightmare. I kidnapped his daughter and he just wasn’t having it. They made three of those movies. At some point you have to wonder if he’s just a bad parent.”
3. “Crazy is building your ark after the flood has already come.”
2.“It’s called a hustle, sweetheart.”
1.“You know I’ve had my head tilted up to the stars for as long as I could remember. You know what surprised me the most? It wasn’t meeting them. It was meeting you.”
I’m so good at giving up and putting things off. My head is also good at convincing my heart that I don’t need prayer as much as I think I do. But, you know, I really do. There is a lot going on right now and I need help.
Last week, I attempted to form a habit of daily journaling, in an attempt to capture where most of my thinking is going. I forgot most days but I’m going to keep it going. It is only a couple sentences a day, nothing too heavy. But if it’s a big thought, I let myself go on if I need to.
In other news, this book has been my companion during my most recent reading slump.
Lately I’ve been trying to do two or three chapters every day so that I stay in the habit but not too much so that it feels like I’m forcing myself to read when there are other things that I could be doing. But why read at all if I don’t feel like reading? Why make the effort? Well, I know me and I know that the time I don’t spend reading will likely be spent scrolling through Tumblr or YouTube. Not bad things in and of themselves but I hate to catch myself doing either one for too long. And I would rather be reading. Even if I don’t feel like it in the moment.
I also saw this film this past weekend
It was delightfully tense and well thought out. Also, it was the first really good film I’ve seen this year. It’s actually the first 2016 film I’ve seen this year at all! (I missed Deadpool but will get around to it when I get around to it)
Also, I like the way the new Spider-Man looks. There are those who think he looks too cartoonish but I love the design. His eyes are especially great as they are more expressive then previous interpretations. Also, the kid who is playing him is an actual age-appropriate youth! I have high hopes for this one.